We started this Sober Sisters project one month ago today. And we want to thank you all for your support!
This all started when we were griping that there isn’t enough cute sober merch for women. So we got a designer and started working on some great designs for tanks, tees, mugs, trucker hats, stickers and so on. As we talked about it we realized there were other things we craved on our journey as sober women. We dreamed big, and we get to do that now because, as Brené Brown says, sobriety is a superpower.
Here’s a brief summary of what we’ve done in the past month:
- Created a Web site, the portal for everything Sober Sisters
- Started this daily blog, an honest look at life before and after getting sober
- Started a fun, relatable, and hopefully helpful podcast, Sober Sisters Social Club, now on all podcast platforms, with 7 episodes so far and 600 downloads
- Created an Instagram page, now with nearly 1,600 followers, and began connecting with the larger insta sober community
- Created a public Facebook page, which has almost 400 followers
- Created a private Facebook support group strictly for sober and sober curious women, now 65 members strong.
- Developed designs for our initial merch line, headed to the printer in the next week or two
Links to all things Sober Sisters here: https://linktr.ee/thesobersisters
And we’re just getting started. We envision a world where all women wanting to recover from alcohol addiction have access to a women’s community for support and connection. We believe connection is the opposite of addiction. Our mission is to empower women in their desire to stop drinking and stay stopped, through support and social groups.
Next week, we hold our first Sober Sisters Support Group meeting on zoom. If you’re interested, please join the private group. Only private group members will have access.
Stay tuned for more to come!
THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for your support. We are so grateful!
❤️Nicole and Tammie👯♀️